Tuesday, May 04, 2004

Pawned.

"Sorry, I may not let you go after all in June."

"What?!"

The intricate power play between the principal of a premier newly independent junior college in Sinapore and the teacher deployment unit of the Ministry of Education.

I'm Malcolm in the middle. 17 vacancies, and MOE posts 5.

I'm the bargaining chip - "How can they take teachers away from us (referring to me) and not give us any good teachers in return?"

Dawning realisation that in the game of human resource deployment, I'm merely a pawn on the chessboard offered as a bait, nothing more.

Urgent letter of appeal to deputy director, signed by Principal.

Message: She stays, HQ has no right to claim her if they are unprepared to let an independent school poach from the mainstream.

Tough talk. Chips on the table. Negotiation.

I've been pawned.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home