Tuesday, May 04, 2004

Careless.

At dinner

Him: So what happens if you stay after June?

Her: I guess I'll have to take over the prac crit paper for Lit.

Him: What's prac crit?

Her: It's the unseen element in the Literature A-level examination - there are 3 papers in total - 2 on set texts and 1 on unseen - that's the prac crit paper.... and ...

Him: ....

I can see it when I start losing you, you know that? When the pupils in your eyes constrict - you avert your gaze -
towards your inward mind - I can hear the clicks of your mental abacus, processing how much you have left this week to spend.... why engage me in conversation if you are going to stop paying attention after 3 seconds?

Such perfunctory attempts.... it makes me sick.


--------------------------------------------------------------

Yes, my love.

I am careless with your things, and the things you give me - the sat-on sunflower you trudged through Tanjong Pagar to buy for me, the cracked mobile phone, the mounted kerbs in your Hyundai -

but you, you are careless with my emotions.

Which is the greater sin?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home