Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Who do we write for? Facets of me.

I realise, now, after two and a half years, that I am how I choose to portray myself.

That's the beauty of language - the ability to reflect using orthography (printed letters), at the same time, re-defining and re-creating the selfhood through this. And through that show the different facets that altogether show a patchy picture of who we are.

Now, as a mother, time and priorities constrain my ramblings to the most immediate and obvious. Things, memories, emotions that used to haunt me now take a backseat to the joys and immediate challenges of caring for the little one.

This week, I'm joyous to read, once again, the words of a friend . This is someone who kinda forms part of my past - it's really about 7 years that I'm talking about.

But I also realise that we have to change to way we relate ourselves through our blogs.

So I'll still post here, in this blog, once in a while.

But by and large, I am who the mother you see is in the other one.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home